When is comes to resetting your metabolism, quality is the key.
The composition of your food matters; Wonder Bread and broccoli are not the same kinds of carbs; likewise, soybean oil and coconut oil are totally different kinds of fats. Your body is smart, it knows the difference, and it knows which of these are supplying quality information and which are toxic, leading to weight gain.
So here’s how to feed your body with the right information
- Eat a diet with a very low glycemic load – low in sugar, flour, and refined carbohydrates of all kinds.
- Eat mostly vegetables and some fruit. The deeper the colors, the more variety, the better. This provides a high phyto-nutrient content protective against most diseases.
- Eat a diet that is low in pesticides, antibiotics, and hormones and no or low in GMO foods. Stay away from chemicals, additives, preservatives, dyes, MSG, artificial sweeteners, and other “Franken Chemicals” that you would never have in your pantry.
- Eat quality fats—omega-3 fats for all! Eat plenty of olive oil, coconut oil, ghee and avocados. Have a few nuts and seeds.
- Make sure you’re getting enough protein for appetite control and muscle synthesis, especially in the elderly.
- Choose foods that are ideally organic, local, and fresh. Grass-fed or sustainably raised meats are also the best option if you consume animal protein.